Privacy is major concern and with increasing heinous cybercrimes, one has to be very careful while browsing Internet. To keep your online privacy intact and access websites blocked in your country, you can use VPN. With VPN installed on your Mac, you can hide your IP address and access blocked content easily.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for iPhone and Mac. Even though iPhones, Macs, and other Apple devices are famed for their strong security features, they can still be at risk of hackers and trackers, and they’re still limited by geo-blocks and other online restrictions.Fortunately, a VPN can help to solve every single one of these problems but it’s vital to choose the right one.
- Best VPN for China overview. VPN is an acronym for Virtual Private Network. To access internet privately, it uses an encrypted connection between your ISP provider’s network and the VPN China server. When connected to Chinese server, VPN improves your online privacy and data security.
- Avast Secureline Expressvpn China Mac Proxy is the 1 last update 2020/09/12 fastest and simplest Expressvpn China Mac for 1 last update 2020/09/12 iPhone to stay safe and completely private when accessing your favorite apps and websites, wherever you are. A+ Expressvpn China Mac Best Vpn For Pc. Expressvpn China Mac Lightning Fast Speeds.
- When choosing the best Mac VPN to China, it might become a bit overwhelming, considering the vast selection on the market. That’s why we’ve drafted a list of the criteria that you should look for in a VPN for macOS to use in China. Criteria to choose macOS VPN for China.
VPN expands the horizon and expose you to wide variety of content, which you couldn’t access in your area. Moreover, it is an excellent tool which you help you to maintain privacy and anonymity when surfing the web. Most VPN are available at a minimal cost but if you are looking for a VPN app, we will help you with that. Before that, you need to know what a VPN does and how to choose best free VPN for Mac?
The only way I’ve been able to work online from in China is through what is known as a VPN, or a Virtual Private Network. Because I have over 8 years 10 years 14 years of first-hand experience with over 20 different VPN services, I get more than a few emails every month from people asking me what I recommend as the best VPN for China in 2020.
What A VPN Does & How To Choose Best Free VPN For Mac?
VPN acts much like a firewall and it enables users to safely access private network and make it easy to share data remotely via public networks. Mostly VPN services takes help of a desktop application that runs in background encrypting your data when browsing web. However, this is not the ultimate solution to protect your privacy, but just a part of it. Before choosing a free VPN for Mac, you need to consider a few things. Some of them are free bandwidth, major locations, P2P, ad blocking and more. We have listed some of the best VPN services for Mac, have a look!
1. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN a complete VPN solution that allows you to access blocked site, stream sport events, play region locked games and more. Let’s look at the features of CyberGhost VPN:
- Connects you with everything keeping privacy intact
- It hides your Wi-Fi address, to make online browsing secure.
- Protects your online identity guards and secures your banking transaction.
- One tap protection to encrypt data transfer.
- Automatically connects you with the best matched server based on the location.
- Lets you enjoy your Internet without any restriction.
- CyberGhost VPN provides 24/7 customer support via live chat.
Surfshark is a secure VPN that provides private access to open Internet. This VPN encrypts all Internet traffic shared between devices. Plus, users IP address is also hidden so that nobody can track your online activity. Let’s look at the features of the Surfshark in detail:
- It gives a clean browsing experience by blocking ads, malware and more.
- It allows specific apps and websites to bypass the VPN.
- It comes with AES 256-GCM encryption to safeguard personal information from hackers and third parties.
- It offers camouflage mode so that no one including your Internet provider can’t identify that you are using a VPN.
3. Nord VPN
Nord VPN is one of the best free VPN for Mac as it provides secure and private network. Let’s look at the features of Nord VPN:
- It protects you while on public Wifi networks, annoying ads, secure your online activity from malware and other cybercrimes.
- It enables you to secure up to 6 devices with single Nord VPN account.
- It lets you enjoy your Internet with no boundaries, no matter where you travel.
- It secures your IP address so that nobody can track which websites you surfed and what files you downloaded.
Nord VPN comes with excellent customer service which are always ready to support every hour of the day
4. HotSpot Shield
HotSpot Shield is a secure VPN which comes with ultra-fast VPN servers which comes with military grade encryption. Let’s look at the features of Hotspot Shield:
- It supports all platforms, so you can download Hotspot Shield and access on whichever device you want.
- You can get secure access to Internet without being hacked or tracked.
- It hides your IP address, physical location of VPN server.
- Hotspot Shield VPN doesn’t log your browsing activity, so your ISP can’t keep a track of websites or apps that you use.
HotSpot Shield comes with Kill Switch protection which protects your identity if the connection is lost for some time so that you are not vulnerable even for a second.
TunnelBear is a secure VPN that works well and provides private connection to less restricted Internet. With this free VPN, you can hide your IP address and location from websites, ads and hackers. Let’s look at the features of the TunnelBear in detail:
- It comes with AES 256-bit encryption which safeguards your personal information from third parties and hackers while using public Wi-Fi.
- It makes accessing emails, domestic news, favorite sites whilst travelling abroad.
- It limits advertisers from tracking your online activities.
- You get to stream faster with TunnelBear VPN and also you can avoid getting tracked by ISP.
TunnelBear is one of the best VPN software for Mac as it doesn’t log any activity of its customers and keep the privacy intact. You can also use TunnelBear against VPN blocking with Ghostbear feature as it makes your VPN data less prone to detection to ISPs, governments or others.
6. Express VPN
Express VPN is a high speed, easy to use and setup which makes best vpn for MacOS. It is secure & anonymous which makes it easier to keep you off the radar of hackers and privacy intruders. Let’s look at the features of Express VPN:
- It helps you to unblock the websites and apps across 94 countries.
- It has a huge network of more than 2000 global VPN servers with faster connections, unlimited bandwidth.
- You can use Express VPN service for Mac, iOS, Windows, Linux and Android.
- It lets you stream or download anything from anywhere in the world without revealing IP address to intruders.
Express VPN comes with 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, and split tunneling. It comes with 148 VPN server locations in 94 countries with unlimited server switches.
7. VYPR VPN
VYPR VPN is one of the best VPN services for Mac which gives you Internet privacy and freedom to browse any site without any intrusion. Let’s have a look at the features VYPR VPN:
- It offers OpenVPN, Chameleon, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec, so you can choose your preferred level of speed, encryption and protection.
- It lets you connect to any VyprVPN server without any limitations, server switching apps, and download caps.
- Vypr VPN offers more than 70 server locations across six continents.
- When you connect to VyprVPN, your ISP can only see encrypted traffic.
Vypr VPN has NAT firewall to provide an extra layer of security. It has a support team which works 24*7*365 to help you via email or live chat.
8. Hide me
Hide me is one of the best VPN software for Mac if you want to maintain your anonymity and encrypts your connection. Let’s take a look at the features of Hide.me:
- It has more than 150 dedicated gigabit servers through Europe, The United States and Asia so that you can access websites securely.
- me manage and create without logging user data or activities. So, your information never goes to third party.
- It has various VPN protocols such as PPTP, SoftEther, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and IKEv2
- It comes with AES 256-bit encryption with 8192-bit keys.
Hideme works on MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Routers, Linux, Smart TVs, and Consoles. It provides you complete protection against IPv6, IP leaks and DNS leaks.
9. Private Tunnel
Private Tunnel is one of the best free VPNs for Mac which comes with more than 50 VPN servers over 23 regions in 12 countries. Let’s take a look at the features of Private Tunnel:
- It masks your public IP address and encrypt connections to protect your privacy.
- It protects your network from online threats, reducing cyber-attacks, spoofing & DDoS attacks.
- It connects your devices to unrestricted access to websites and information.
- It provides 24*7 customer support online via ticketing system and chat support.
Private Tunnel comes with AES encryption, AES block size makes it less prone to attacks than others. It encrypts traffic, secure connections on Wifi HotSpots as well.
Windscribe is a secure VPN which unlocks all locations and comes with config generator. It secures your identity by hiding your IP and timestamp. Let’s look at the features of Windscribe:
- It has larger network which comes with server in over 55 countries and 100 cities.
- It has strongest encryption which has AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- It helps you generate OpenVPN, SOCKS, and IKEv2 config for all your devices.
- It blocks all connectivity outside the tunnel to avert all types of hacks and leaks.
With this VPN, your computer becomes a secure Wi-Fi router. You can change your time zone and access the websites blocked for your location. Windscribe blocks ads and trackers to ditch the hackers.
Speedify is yet another best free VPN for Mac which comes with bonding technology, which enables you to use multiple Internet connections concurrently to get maximum speed. Let’s take a look at the features of Speedify:
- You get better streaming, live broadcast without throttled Internet connection.
- You can set preferences rules for all the Internet connections individually to monitor usage.
- The server network covers 28 countries so that you get better connection on the basis of availability and latency.
- This VPN also improves latency, reduce lag for faster gameplay and trustable performance.
It uses a ChaCha- or AES-based encryption algorithm, depending on device support to provide security. Speedify has no log VPN policy so nothing is traced or tracked back.
Is a Free VPN the Right Solution for Your Mac?
There are plenty of free VPNs in the market however, not every one of them work well on your Mac. You have to be very careful with free VPNs as they come with restrictions such as limited data transfer, pop-up ads, slow speeds and more. Although, there are other harms of using it such as planting trackers, intruding your security and privacy.
Therefore, we have listed some of the safest and free unlimited VPN for Mac to help you maintain your anonymity and surf online without any restrictions and worries.
In this article, I’m going to share the basics of what Chinese VPN service is and what it can be used for. Furthermore, you will find out how to make sure that you are using VPN for China in a secure way. You will learn, how changing your IP to China you can unblock sites, protect your online identity from Chinese government and ISPs. And how to anonymously use the P2P software. Also, I’m sharing a list of the best China VPN proxy services available today.
Best China VPN proxy – November, 2020
- Servers in 94 countries
- Apps for all devices
- Great all in one service
- Many server locations
- Apps for smartphones
- Privacy focused
- Servers in 50+ countries
- Mobile apps
- P2P servers
Best VPN for China overview
VPN is an acronym for Virtual Private Network. To access internet privately, it uses an encrypted connection between your ISP provider’s network and the VPN China server. When connected to Chinese server, VPN improves your online privacy and data security. So if you are a journalist, blogger, activist, online pirate or anyone who needs an extra layer of security then VPN for China is the best tool to have. Also, if you are traveling let’s say to United States and using an unencrypted or poorly encrypted public internet service then China VPN Socks5 proxy also will provide you with extra security while on the road.
Chinese VPN for geoblocking
You can also use a VPN Socks5 proxy to circumvent geoblocking. There are many websites and many online services that restrict access based on the physical location of the user. Typically, these restrictions are due to Chinese legal issues or distribution rights. So for example, many Chinese websites are unavailable in United States. So if you are Chinese traveling to United States and want to access some Chinese sites then you have to use a VPN service with China servers. It makes it look like you are in China and allow you access from United States.
Another great example is US Netflix; it has different media libraries than in China. Therefore, by connecting to an American server, you can unblock US Netflix library from China or any other part of the world.
Another alternative to VPN is smart DNS for China. It is an excellent option if you want to unblock Chinese streaming services. Moreover, it provides faster speeds. However, Chinese smart DNS doesn’t encrypt your traffic. Therefore it’s less secure.
Bypass China censorship
You can also use Chinese VPN Socks5 proxy to circumvent firewalls that block a certain type of content. For example, many types of video games and social media sites are blocked in schools and workplaces in China. Also, if you are traveling to another country like United States then you may come across many websites that are unavailable due to their online censorship. Some countries even try to block VPNs for China Socks5 proxy services. In most cases, however, you can use a Chinese proxy VPN client to bypass these restrictions. But some VPN tunnel protocols aren’t that secure, and thus they can be detected and blocked by China government, ISPs, or whoever is in charge of the firewall.
Best VPN protocols for Chinese
There are four common China VPN protocols:
- PPTP = one of the oldest protocols, it is outdated and insecure. However, it can be swift. Therefore, it’s great for Chinese video streaming services. Also, it can be easily detected by other country firewalls, so if you visit United States then American firewalls may quickly block it. Therefore, I wouldn’t recommend using it for some purposes where you need strong privacy.
- OpenVPN = is another very common VPN for China protocol. It is a lot more secure and open source. However, it can be slow and therefore not that great for unblocking Chinese streaming services.
- SSTP = provides a decent data encryption for Chinese VPN software users. However, the code is proprietary, so your online activities might be accessible by China government.
- L2TP with IPsec = is not as common China protocol. It is more secure than PPTP but less secure than OpenVPN.
Strong encryption is very secure, but to encrypt your data, it requires more processing power of your device. So if you need strong anonymity, then OpenVPN for China is the best choice. Besides, weaker encryptions are less secure but can be a lot faster. Therefore, if you want to use VPN to stream Chinese content then L2TP with IPsec could be a great option. Otherwise, if you don’t require any privacy when streaming then smart DNS for China is the best choice.
VPN for privacy
If you are looking for a Chinese proxy VPN for privacy purposes then you should watch out for DNS leaks. Sometimes when connected to a VPN Socks5 proxy China server, your OS may even use default name servers when requesting your IP address when you are surfing the web. Often, this data is logged by the name server, and your ISP mostly owns your default name servers. So, law enforcement agencies in China, United States or any other place you are visiting could potentially request the information from your ISP. Thus, getting your real IP address.
One way to fix this problem is to change your China DNS servers in your network or router settings. However, this may not always work as Chinese ISPs have started using transparency DNS proxying technology. There is one way out; you may use DNS Leak Test to see if your DNS is indeed leaking. They are also providing instructions how to fix Chinese DNS leaks.
Prevent Internet slow down in China
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) can inspect and make your Internet connection to slow down. Therefore, by using VPN in China it can encrypt your connection and block access to sites that you are visiting. Also, it prevents from accessing your contacts and see your online activities. VPN for China provides you with online privacy and freedom by sending encrypted traffic back to your Chinese ISP.
Protects online data on Chinese hotspots
If you connect to an insecure Chinese Wi-Fi hotspot, your personal data is easily accessible by hackers and other data sniffers. Thus, using a VPN in China with 256-bit encryption can help you to prevent anyone from accessing your personal online data. With a VPN in China you can browse the internet safely and securely.
How to choose China VPN proxy
Before signing up for a VPN for Chinese provider, you may want to do some research first.
- Does service for Chinese store any data?
- What data and for how long China provider store
- No logs are the best China VPN proxy providers available.
Best China Vpn For Mac Os
Another critical aspect is China legal jurisdiction. It is essential to sign up for a VPN that is outside of China because of the strict Chinese privacy laws. Therefore, it should be based in a place where data privacy laws aren’t as severe as in China.
Furthermore, it is vital that your VPN service has its own equipment and servers across the world including China.
Here is a list of all the best VPNs for China:
#1 – ExpressVPN
One of the most popular VPN choices among Chinese users. Many people around the world including netizens in China use ExpressVPN because of its robust security standards and many server locations around the world. ExpressVPN has servers in China and another 93 countries across the globe. Therefore, it’s an excellent choice if you wish to unblock Chinese content from abroad and secure your online data from any third party.
Furthermore, currently, we offer ExpressVPN 3 months completely for free!
#2 – NordVPN
Another popular VPN choice in China. NordVPN provides a true zero-logs policy to all Chinese users. Furthermore, if you are worried for your online privacy in China then using NordVPN you can gain military-grade encryption, DNS leak protection as well as kill switch feature.
Moreover, not only NordVPN has servers in China but in total over 4,800 servers in 62 countries globally.
#3 – IvacyVPN
Third option for Chinese VPN users is IvacyVPN. It’s one of the best choices for people that are looking for a China VPN for torrenting.
Is a free China VPN proxy safe?
If you are on an internal network that you do not trust, then you should use a VPN. It’s mainly to protect yourself from local Chinese hackers. There are a lot of free off-the-shelf software that can grab your data no matter if you are living in China or residing in United States. Therefore, a Virtual Private Network for China network is a relatively inexpensive way to secure your connection out to the internet and protect your personal information like usernames and passwords.
Furthermore, there are many countries including United States and China where screwing around with the security and being anonymous can get users in real trouble very quickly. For example, if you are in Jamaica and you are doing activities that the government may not like, that can make you end up even in jail. Therefore, the worst thing you can do is to use equipment that is faulty.
When it comes to free VPNs for Chinese, the main question is who is paying to maintain that service? Perhaps, it’s marketing people tracking where you go and what you do online. They can sell your data to different Chinese companies or any other location. Therefore, if a VPN is a valuable service for you to have then signing up for a free China VPN isn’t the best idea. Even the paid China service provider reputation isn’t as important. Doesn’t matter which company you choose to sign up with, whether it is NordVPN, HMA, or VyprVPN, at least they are real companies and there’s a little bit more pushback from ISPs and Chinese authorities just to grab your information.
So, answer in a nutshell, no we do not recommend and trust free Chinese VPN proxy servers; they aren’t safe.
Best China Vpn For Mac Download
Now that you know what VPN service for China is, what it can be used for, and how to choose the right one, you can check out our list of the best China VPN proxy services today. Also, you can access reviews of all the top Chinese VPN services. And undoubtedly you will find a perfect service for China and any other nation users that want to unblock China sites, gain privacy and security online. Furthermore, if you are often traveling to other countries like Jamaica or United States then you can check out our list of the best VPN for American if that suits better your requirements.