Camtasia is a tool to record and create professional-looking videos on Windows and Mac. Use can use this software for making video tutorials, video lessons, YouTube videos, demo videos, and more. Features: You can record webcam and screen, and presentation. Best Screen Recording Apps for Mac Mac is a great and probably the most stable operating system or platform for computers. It doesn’t matter whether you are a student, businessman or regular internet user, you can definitely start using Mac computer to get the better experience.
- Screen Recording Software Mac Free
- Best Screen Recorder For Mac Free
- Best Screen Recorder For Mac Minecraft
- Best Free Screen Recorder For Mac
- Mac Screen Recorder Free
Windows 10 Screen Recorders
5 professional screen recorders for Windows 10
The first tool you can use to record your Windows 10 screen is ApowerREC. ApowerREC is a screen recorder application that can capture live streaming videos, video calls and other activities on your desktop even if they are being processed real-time. With its support, you can create tutorials and record videos you like on Windows.
This tool is capable of recording webcam alone in case your need arises, and it can also create a picture in picture effect by recording your screen and webcam at the same time. Meanwhile you are doing the recording, you can add annotations to your video for explanation, such as arrows, highlights, texts, as well as other interesting features. Besides, you can simply edit the recording by cropping it or adding a watermark to it. Once you finish the recording, you can upload it to YouTube to share with your subscribers or upload it to ShowMore cloud storage for saving computer space.
- It has a user friendly interface.
- It has an advanced screen recording feature readily available for selected situations.
- It can record screen automatically when you are away from your computer.
- It supports the uploading of recorded videos on YouTube, ShowMore, Google Drive, DropBox, FTP etc.
- It occupies higher CPU compared to other recorders.
- Camtasia Studio
Another candidate for becoming the best Windows 10 screen recorder is Camtasia Studio. This program has been created and published by TechSmith. This fact allows it to have you edit video after recording the screen of your computer in a natural way, including combining, trimming, splitting and adjusting the speed of video clips. Also, you are allowed to add animations, titles, transitions, highlights, images, audio files and effects, voice narration, and many more. Besides, recorded videos can be used for marketing, advertising, business presentation, and educational purposes according to the need and interest of the buyer.
- It has a 30-day free trial.
- It doesn’t support scheduled automatic screen recording.
- It is more expensive compared to other tools.
An alternative desktop screen recorder is Flashback developed by Blueberry Software. It can capture all the area on your computer screen without any hesitation. While recording, you can also draw lines, shapes, figures, and add images and notes to it. What’s more, videos can be converted into many other formats and can be shared on YouTube or Flashback Connect. This software allows users to try in 30 days for free.
- This tool supports to record multiple monitors.
- It only permits you to import FBR format.
Fraps is a video and screen capture tool for Windows 10 that has become the part of many Huawei owner’s part. This software is known for gamers who record their gameplay since it can capture outstanding video game quality. Users can download the free version for use. However, it can only record a 30 seconds video and it leaves a watermark on the top of the video.
- It has a maximum resolution of 7680×4800.
- Take a large portion on your disk in a 2 minute recording video.
- MadCap Mimic
The next best screen recording software for Windows 10 is MadCap Mimic. This is a multimedia software that can record the screen activities on your computer. In addition to that, you can record your PC in three methods, including manual, automatic and full-motion recording. If you want to try it before purchasing, you can install it for a 30-day free trial.
- It provides some video and visual effects.
- It’s too complicated to make configurations.
5 best free Windows 10 screen recorders
- Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
In case you want to save money, then try Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. This is a free web-based tool that can record your Windows 10 computer screen without any trouble. With the support of it, you can record your computer screen in few clicks. In addition to that, it supports several output formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, GIF, VOB, and ASF, etc. Also, it lets you capture audio while you are recording your desktop screen. Users can use their webcam when they are video chatting with their family, friends and other colleagues.
- This tool is available online, free of charge.
- It has a user friendly interface.
- There is no length or size limits of the recording on the free version.
- Launching this tool needs stable internet connection.
2. OBS Studio
An alternative free screen recording software for windows 10 is OBS Studio. This tool can be characterized as a live screen recorder and live streaming program. Just like the tools mentioned above, this program can be used to record microphone and webcam directly while capturing desktop screen. Aside from that feature, you can also try some other relevant features such as audio mixer, themes, filters and many more.
- Live streaming is supported.
- Games can be recorded freely.
- The interface is complicated.
- It is difficult to set the configuration.
Ezvid is a screen recorder and video editor for your Windows 10 PC. This program has keyboard shortcuts in the aim of giving users the ability quickly record their screen. Moreover, there is a widget displayed on your screen that makes it also possible to easily stop the recording. However, there is no way to hide the widget on your computer while recording your computer screen.
- It has a built-in video editor.
- It allows users to add effects to sound while recording.
- The saving process takes a long time.
Screencast-O-Matic is one of the best free screen recorder for Windows 10 and a great screen capturing program. It is an online tool that can be used by Youtubers, students, teachers, and businessman, and many other diverse groups of users. You can utilize the tool even without signing up or signing in to it that is a unique feature for your ease and rapid usage. You just need your computer browser in order to use this tool. Apart from that, it allows you to record both screen and webcam at the same time or record your webcam alone if you want.
- No need to register.
- Easy to be configured.
- The free version cannot record system sound.
5. Icecream Screen Recorder
Last but not least, the Icecream Screen Recorder also takes a place on the list. This program enables you to record or take screenshots of any part of your screen no matter what activities you are doing. In this way you can start recording while playing games, video chatting, live streaming, and other activities of your choice without hesitation. Besides, it enables you to draw shapes, lines and figures, add watermark and a lot more during the recording process.
- It supports to zoom in and zoom out while recording.
- It only allows you to record up to 10 minutes.
To sum up, both paid and free screen recorders are available for Windows 10 with a great diversity. All of these best Windows 10 screen recorders are effective and efficient for creating recordings. However, you need to always remember that there are some limitations for the free version of screen recorders when it comes to comparison with the paid tools. Meanwhile, if you are into practicality, you can choose ApowerREC for the advanced version and Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder for free use. These two both have advanced screen recording functions as well as some features that can help you with your other tasks.
Screen Recording Software Mac Free
Screen recording has become one of the best methods to create a footage of your desktop activity with ease. There might be several occasions when you want to capture your gameplay, record streaming videos, or either make some video tutorials or software reviews on your Mac. In case these circumstances arise, a good screen recorder is necessary. Actually, there are lots of screen recording software that are available online. However, most of these tools only offer paid version or have a poor recording quality. In this article, we will introduce the best free screen recorder for Mac.
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is a free but in the meantime very comprehensive program that you can use to create high-quality videos. With the help of this tool, you will have an easy access to the experience of using a brilliant screen activity recorder that doesn’t leave any watermark at all on your video after a successful registration. Moreover, this program can capture your desktop activity together with the audio coming from your system and microphone. Overall, there is surely no doubt that Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is one of the best free screen recorders for Mac available on the market. To utilize this program, you can follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder.
- On the main page of the site you can click the “Start Recording” button to launch the screen recorder.
- Once you launched it, you can set to record screen or webcam, custom recording area, and change audio input, etc. You can also go to settings and make some configurations.
- Once done settings, hit the red recording button to start recording. During the recording process, you can add a webcam to your screen, and you can even add some annotations to it.
- After you have finalized the recording, click the stop button to stop it. At this point, a preview window will pop up. On the preview window, you can save the video by clicking the “Save video” button, or even share the video with your friends by clicking the share button.
Monosnap is another mentionable flexible program specifically developed for Mac OS. You can use this program not only to record your screen but also to take quick screenshots in case you need to use it as a powerful screen recording software. In addition, this tool can be used as a storage software. This program can also offer the option of capturing your webcam, microphone or system sound as you can just set it before you start recording according to your need. Aside from that, the mentioned program can record in 60 fps. This means that you can record smoothly even you are playing high framerate games. If you want to use this free video recording software for Mac, you may follow the steps below.
- Download and install Monosnap.
- After successfully finalizing the installation, click the Monosnap’s drop down menu, then choose “Record Video” to start recording.
- In case you want to stop this program from recording, just click its drop down menu again then click “Finish recording” to end it. Afterwards, your recording will be saved automatically, and you can check it right away at the location of your choice of saving.
The next free screen recording tool for Mac that you can rely on according to our list is OBS Studio. This is a free and open source screen recorder that is available on both Windows, Mac, and Linux. The suggested program will allow you to capture real-time activities and create excellent live streaming videos. Moreover, this program has the ability to incorporate footage from your previous recordings or add exiting videos. On the other side, this program is to some degree complicated, in the sense that you can take certain time familiarizing its interface and configurations. Here are the steps on how to use this program.
Best Screen Recorder For Mac Free
- First of all you need to have OBS Studio installed in your computer.
- Once you have it, launch OBS, then click “Scene” > “Source” > “Add Icon”, and then click “Windows Capture”.
- After the previous step is done, a pop up window will show and allow you to rename your video you are going to record. Once done, click the “OK” button to proceed.
- Next, select the window you want to record.
- Lastly, you only need to hit the “Start Recording” button to initiate recording. Once done recording, just click the top button to end it.
Another free screen recording software for Mac is Jing by Techsmith that has been very popular on the market for a long time. This program is very simple and easy to use that are the pillars of its popularity. It comes with a movable sun icon that can be placed anywhere on your display, which enables you to easily utilize its function. Aside from screen recording, you can use this tool to take screenshots and edit it right after capturing. However, this program can only record up to 5 minutes. If you are still interested to use this program despite its time limitation, you can follow these steps.
- First and foremost, download and install this program on your pc from the official Techsmith website.
- Hit the “Sun” icon and select “Capture”.
- Once you are inside the options panel, simply adjust the frame according to your preference then select “Capture video”.
- To stop the recording, simply hit the “Stop” button, and then the recorded file will automatically pop up for preview.
Best Screen Recorder For Mac Minecraft
The last recording program for Mac is the Quicktime Player. This is an extensible multimedia framework that can be used not only to record videos but also to play, edit and share videos on Mac. This tool can be characterized with that it has a very intuitive interface which makes it very easy to use even for beginners. This program can create footage of your Mac screen with a web camera or iPhone screen. You can follow the instructions below to capture your screen using this best free screen recorder for Mac.
Best Free Screen Recorder For Mac
- To begin with, you have to launch Quicktime Player at the first hand.
- Once you see the interface, click “File” and select “New Screen Recording”, then a screen recording window will pop up. On this window, you can configure your recording settings. After configuring, hit the red round recording button to start recording your screen.
- Once done with the complete recording process, click the “Stop” button in the menu bar, then your recorded file will automatically pop up.
As you can see, the aforementioned programs are the currently best free Mac screen recording software you can find on the market. You can decide which program you will use for your recording. I highly recommend Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. Compared to the other programs above, this program can be used to quickly record your screen, audio, as well as a webcam as it is a web-based application. Aside from that, it has an easy interface and even beginners can use it.