“Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.”
- Unable to install windows OS from boot camp assistant
- Restarting the installation process results in the error message loop above
- Acknowledge the error message and click “OK”
- Windows Setup will attempt to restart the installation process, click and exit out of the windows setup by clicking the red “X”
- A message should appear:
Feb 01, 2019 Installing Boot Camp drivers is essential for using a Touch Bar and Force Touch with Windows 10 on a Mac, amongst other actions and features. Switching Between MacOS and Windows. Boot Camp allows you to choose the operating system you want to boot up to use during system start, selecting either Windows or Mac OS as desired. “Boot Camp” was first introduced with Mac OS X 10.5 leopard and has been included in Subsequent versions of the operating System ever since. Boot Camp 6.0 version added the support for Windows 10 while Boot Camp 6.1 is available on MacoS 10.12 Sierra and later version.
“To install Windows, you must run Windows installation. If you cancel the installation, your computer might restart”
4. Locate (do not press yet) the “Option”, “Command”, “R”, and “P” keys on the mac device.
4. Confirm the windows installation cancellation by clicking “Yes” and the computer will automatically restart
5. When you hear the apple boot up chime sound. Quickly, press and hold down the “Option”, “Command”, “R”, and “P” keys on the mac device. This will reset your NVRAM and PRAM, freeing up necessary space in your RAM for the installation to continue.
6. The computer will automatically restart, resetting your NVRAM and PRAM in the process. Once you hear the second apple boot up chime sound, you may stop holding down the Option, Command, R, and P keys
7. Mac OS will boot up normally.
8. Open Boot Camp Assistant application.
9. Uncheck the first two options (create usb and download boot camp drivers). Only check the last option, which is to remove the Windows partition.
10. Restore Disk to a Single Partition Volume. Confirm by clicking “Restore”
11. Re-open the Boot Camp Assistant application.
12. Restart the installation of Windows. Assuming you already created a bootable USB and have already downloaded the boot camp drivers, uncheck these options and only check the last option to install windows.
13. Re-create the size for Windows Partition and click “Install“.
14. Computer will restart and the windows setup will appear again.
15. Follow instructions on the screen until you get to the partition menu
16. Format the newly created windows partition by clicking on the partition size you created (It will be a little smaller than you specified). Click “Format” and then “Next” to finish.
If step 16 fails and you receive this message, complete steps 17-20. Else proceed to step 21.
Your disk could not be partitioned. An error occurred while partitioning the disk.”
17. Launch “Disk Utility” (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility)
Download Boot Camp Assistant For Mac Os X 10.6.8
18. In the left-hand panel, click on your hard drive
Download Boot Camp Assistant For Mac Os X 10.4.11
19. Click “Verify Disk”
20. If there are any errors, try clicking “Repair Disk”.
Boot Camp Assistant For Mac Os 10.13
If repair worked successfully, try re-running Boot Camp Assistant
21. Setup will complete without error this time and will automatically restart into your Windows OS when finished.
Boot Camp For Mac Download
22. Whenever you need to swap back to the Mac OS, simply restart the computer and hold down the “Option” key and then select the desired OS.