Guide: Convert PDF to Word for Mac. Download and Run Free download the PDF to Word Converter for Mac - iStonsoft PDF to Word for Mac via the link below and install it on your Mac. Then Launch the program to have a free trial of the program. Download PDF to Word Mac from iStonsoft Official Site. . Convert encrypted PDFs with copying and printing restrictions. Convert Adobe PDF in Multi-languages and Version from 1.0-1.7. Output PDF files to Microsoft Office Word 2007 Version (.docx), which can be opened by 2007 and later Mac Word apps.
Get all best apps via Setapp
PDF is the most common format used to share files around, but it can be frustrating to deal with if you want to make changes to the text or images. Editing a PDF often requires special software. And this is where Microsoft Word can really come in handy. A great way to make changes to PDFs is to turn PDF into Word document, make any edits, and convert it back to a PDF.
What’s the easiest way to convert PDF to Word on Mac? Copy and paste could come to mind, but it’s a hassle. Oftentimes, the original formatting doesn’t make it to the new platform and you’ll have to spend your precious time tediously reflowing and adjusting text in Word, only to eventually send it back again.
Get the best PDF editor for Mac
Change anything in your PDF without converting it to other formats. PDFpen can handle OCR, signatures, images, and so much more.
The point is you absolutely need to know how to convert PDF to Word on Mac — whether to sign your lease agreement or correct a file at work. So why not learn the best ways to convert PDF to Word doc now to make your life much easier later on.
How To Convert PDF To Word On Mac
So how do you turn PDF into Word quickly and seamlessly? Truth is there are a few ways to convert PDF to Word to make simple edits in your files. For example, you could convert PDF to Word doc using Google Drive or Adobe Acrobat Pro. You could also capture PDF text with a built-in Mac utility called Automator. But the real secret is to know a few advanced apps that do all the work for you. Let’s dive into all.
How to change PDF to Word with Google Docs
Google Docs is a popular online editing tool and there’s a good chance that you already store some PDFs within its storage solution called Google Drive, which also allows you to convert PDFs to Word docs without the need to download a PDF to your computer first. Just note that if your PDF includes lots of images, Google Drive might remove them in the final document.
Here’s how to set your Google Drive to read PDF files in Google Docs and then convert them into Word documents:
- Click on the cog symbol at the top right in Google Drive and choose Settings
- In the General tab, check the box in 'Convert uploads' that states 'Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format'
- Find the desired PDF file within Google Docs and right-click on it.
- Choose 'Open with' and select Google Docs
- Once a new Google Doc window opens, click File in the top-bar menu and select Download as Microsoft Word
Google Drive works really well if you have a simple PDF text document that you need to edit in Word. However, if your PDF file is image-heavy, you’re going to need a more powerful PDF to Word converter for Mac.
How to convert PDF to Word using Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro is another complete solution to create and edit PDFs. The good thing about it is that your fonts and layout features, such as bullets and tables, will be left intact. Even when you’re out of the office, you can still export PDF to Word using a mobile version of Acrobat.
To convert from PDF to Word using Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- Open your desired PDF file
- Choose the Export PDF tool on the right sidebar
- Select Microsoft Word as the export format and then Word Document
- Click Export
- Save and name your Word file in your desired location
If the PDF file contains any scanned text, Acrobat will recognize it automatically.
How to convert from PDF to Word using Automator
Automator is a Mac utility, built right into your macOS. It generally helps with menial tasks, such as renaming files in batches or moving files in bulk. For our purposes, Automator also offers to help with extracting text from PDF without converting the file to Word. You can then edit the text in any text editor, such as the Ulysses app.
To use Automator for extracting text:
- Open Automator via the Applications folder
- Select Workflow and tap Enter
- Click on Files and Folders in the left column
- In the second column, select Ask for Finder Items and drag it into the right pane that says 'Drag actions or files here to build your workflow.'
- Choose the PDFs in the left column and select Extract PDF Text located in the second column
- Drag and drop Extract PDF Text to the right under Find Files and Folders
- Select Rich Text instead of Plain Text to retain formatting
- Choose where you want Automator to place your extracted text files
- Save as an application, open the new Automator application, and select the PDF you want to grab the text from
Open the new Rich Text document in a word processor like Ulysses, a focused writing app. Ulysses helps you write with a clean distraction-free user interface as well as structure and format your piece in its Markdown editor. Conveniently, you’re also able to keep your side notes, sketches, and manuscripts in the app’s library. When you’re done, just export your work into a well-designed ebook or a new PDF file.
Ulysses can also be the answer to how to convert Word to PDF on Mac, since it’s able to open Word files and export anything as PDF too.
On another note, Automator works great for working with text files, but what can you do if you want to extract words from images in your PDF?
How to extract text from images with Prizmo
When you want to grab text embedded in an image, you need Prizmo.
Prizmo is an essential app that uses optical character recognition (OCR) to create searchable PDF documents. It also lets you edit or correct small errors or formatting mistakes in scanned files, just as you would be able to in your favorite word processor. All in all, Prizmo is your best friend if you’re looking to work with text in any printed papers, business cards, or even receipts.
How to edit PDFs without converting them to Word
If figuring out how to export PDF to Word sounds like too much work — there’s another way to edit them as well, using PDFpen.
PDFpen is a powerful editor you can use to add new images, text, and even signatures directly to your PDF files. You can also erase and edit existing content, resize or move graphics, and copy and paste from other sources while retaining formatting.
Use PDfpen when you need to review and add feedback to PDF files. You’d be able to simply highlight, underscore, or add corrections to any file. With a simple drag and drop feature, you can add new pages, reorder existing ones, or combine separate PDF files into one. If you’re going to be editing PDF files on a regular basis, PDFpen is a must-have.
Now that you know how to export PDF to Word, extract text from PDF, and even edit your PDF file directly, you can take control of your important documents and make edits as needed.
Best of all is that all three apps mentioned above: Ulysses, Prizmo, and PDFpen, are available absolutely free for seven days as part of the trial for Setapp, a collection of more than 160 Mac apps, all of which promise to make your day on Mac as productive as it can be. Try and see for yourself today!
Meantime, prepare for all the awesome things you can do with Setapp.Read on
2020-09-11 17:48:19 • Filed to: Top List of PDF Software • Proven solutions
The 'best PDF to Word converter for Mac' must meet certain strict requirements in order to qualify for that prestigious title. Not only should it be a highly accurate tool with advanced functions like OCR to recognize text that is image-based, but it should offer additional features to handle PDF workflows. Of course, it also has to sport a slick Mac interface so it doesn't contrast with Mac App Store applications in terms of design and functionality. After extensive research on the Mac PDF tools available today, both offline and online, we've arrived at a list of Top 10 PDF to Word Converter for Mac applications. Let's get straight down to it.
- Part 1: Top 5 PDF to Word Converter for Mac Offline
- Part 2: Top 5 Free PDF to Word Converter for Mac Online
- Part 3: How Convert PDF to Word Mac Free Online
Top 5 PDF to Word Converter for Mac
PDFelement is widely used by professionals in multiple industries such as architects, designers, writers, developers, HR executives, accountants, and many more. In fact, PDFelement is useful for any scenario where documents are processed and PDF is the primary vehicle to disseminate written information.
The features of PDFelement cover everything you need to manage PDF document workflows. The editing tools are comprehensive, allowing users to add, modify, and fully control elements like text, images, hyperlinks, annotations, headers, footers, page numbering, watermarks, embedded media, etc. Creating PDF from other file types is a breeze and conversion from PDF to other formats is fast and accurate. It boasts a full suite of protection tools like file encryptions, applying restrictions, watermarking, redaction, etc. You also get access to advanced form creation, form filling, and form conversion tools, and it's very simple to add a legally valid digital signature in seconds. The user interface is one of the best things about the software and makes it user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Easy-to-understand tools for editing, conversion, creation, protection, forms, annotations, etc.
- Convenient layout for optimal user experience - zero learning curve.
- Comprehensive tools for document management, including file optimization, page management, printing, sharing, cloud integration, etc.
- Affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat DC for Mac
- Also available for Windows, iOS, and Android computers, smartphones, and other devices.
- Watermarks are applied to free trial version when editing or converting.
2. Adobe Acrobat DC for Mac
Adobe Acrobat DC for Mac is one of the most widely used enterprise PDF applications. It offers a slew of features for document management, including creation, editing, conversion, security, optimization, signing, etc. One of the best features of Acrobat DC is that the tools have been added over years of experience and customer feedback, which means you'll find everything you need to handle a PDF document. The downside is that these tools have been added without any significant changes to the main interface. That's why many users still find it cluttered and a little confusing, especially those using it for the first time.
- Fully-loaded PDF editor with a wide range of functionality.
- Powerful conversion engine and backend utilities.
- The most widely used PDF platform in the business world.
- Very expensive for small businesses and entrepreneurs just starting out.
- A complex interface that's not very user-friendly, especially for first-timers.
PDFpenPro is a great PDF to Word converter for Mac that packs a lot of additional features, not only for file conversion but also advanced features like PDF editing, OCR, interactive form creation, digital signatures, etc. The app is not as popular as the ones we've covered so far, but users call it a 'workhorse' and a 'clean installing application', among other things. The only major complaint that users have is that updates are too frequent and none of the significant ones are free. Other than that, PDFpen and PDFpenPro are robust PDF utilities for converting, editing, and other PDF functions.
- Capable of handling batch PDF processes.
- Slightly more affordable than Acrobat DC.
- macOS-focused application, hence more in line with other Mac apps.
- Too many updates.
- Problems with form creation have been reported.
- Not the best in terms of design UI and UX.
4. Foxit PhantomPDF Mac
PhantomPDF for Mac from Foxit is essentially a full-bodied PDF editor with a great PDF to Word converter Mac function. It allows users to edit PDFs, secure them with encryption, sign documents, manage forms, add background elements, annotate files, perform OCR, and do other tasks. The tools are easy to access and the layout is uncluttered, which is suitable for a Mac interface. The big downside is that PDF creation and conversion options are limited in terms of the number of different file types supported.
- Basic and advanced PDF tools.
- The clean interface makes navigation easy.
- Slightly on the expensive side.
- Lacks PDF to EPUB conversion.
- OCR is not very accurate.
5. Kofax Power PDF for Mac
The newly named Kofax carries the same 'Power' name and is essentially the same product but rebranded from the older Nuance. A little on the expensive side of the line, Kofax Power PDF for Mac offers a considerable collection of tools and features. The file compression engine isn't as powerful or accurate as the other PDF editors we've covered, but you do get batch processing in the Standard version for Mac. The PDF to Word conversion is fairly reliable but it doesn't have the leverage of OCR that PDFelement or Adobe Acrobat DC for Mac offers.
- Quick and easy editing features.
- Robust tool for adding digital signatures.
- A great tool for creating PDF from multiple files.
- Pricing is a little high for individual use.
- PDF compression is not too good.
Convert Word To Pdf Free
Top 5 Free PDF to Word Converter for Mac
1. Google Docs
Google Docs is one of the most commonly used online word processors in the world. It also offers file export options that include PDF to Word, Excel, and several other formats. The conversion from PDF to Word is quite accurate in terms of preserving the layout of the original; however, that's not the case with complex documents with various types of content. One big advantage is that it is free with your Google account and can be upgraded to a higher capacity once you hit the 15GB free cap, which is quite generous for personal use.
- Instantly download PDF as Word by exporting the file.
- Upload the converted file again to access from anywhere.
- Familiar interface for most users of the G Suite application.
- The exported Word files aren't available online unless they're re-uploaded to Drive.
- Complex PDF layouts often come out garbled or misaligned, forcing you to waste precious time repairing the document.
HiPDF is an online extension of Wondershare's PDF suite of tools. Each PDF function has a dedicated web page and the site itself covers dozens of capabilities that are categorized into Convert (to and from PDF), PDF Tools, and Image Tools. The PDF tools include editing, compression, unlocking, merging, splitting, cropping, rotating, protecting, page deletion, page rearranging, redaction, eSigning, image extraction, and text replacement. The conversion tools include not just the PDF to Word Converter for Mac, Windows, and Linux, but also PDF to several other formats such as Excel, PPT, image formats, and even obscure file types like Apple Pages and DXF. The backend program is executed on the cloud when converting PDF to Word or utilizing one of the other services, and it's essentially free unless you want to leverage advanced features such as OCR.
- Free PDF to Word conversion and several other PDF actions and tasks.
- Simple interface to make it easy for first-time users.
- Reliable conversion engine that accurately reproduces the original content in other formats.
- Extensive availability of tutorials, guides, and other helpful resources.
- Some limitations for unregistered users.
3. PDF to Word Free (Mac App Store Application)
Being an Apple-approved Mac App Store application, PDF to Word Free is built for Mac and it's clear from the interface that it has been designed with the UI and UX as primary considerations. It allows bulk conversion and supports several languages. You can choose your output as .doc, .docx, or .txt, but the major problem is that it is only free for the first three pages of your PDF doc. That makes its name a little misleading if you don't read the fine print.
Convert Pdf To Word 2010
- Dedicated app for PDF to Word Mac conversion.
- Apple-approved application.
- Fast and accurate conversion.
- No additional functionality.
- Free version limited to 3 PDF pages per task.
4. Nitro PDF to Word Online Converter
PDF to Word Online Converter is a free web-based service from the makers of the Nitro Productivity Suite, which comprises the desktop PDF editor, Nitro Pro, and the cloud-based service, Nitro Cloud. The major plus point is that the conversion engine used for the online converter is the same one used in Nitro Pro.
- Powerful conversion engine.
- Convenient web interface.
- Fast conversion.
- Limited functionality - no additional features unless you upgrade to premium.
- Conversion limit set to 5 per email address.
5. Doxillion PDF to Word Converter
Doxillion PDF to Word Converter is a great app if you only need the text parts of a PDF to be converted to MS Word, .txt, and other text-based formats. The advantage is that you can now edit the text in the output file without the need for a PDF editor, which can often be expensive.
- Simple and lightweight application for convenient download and installation.
- Supports all text-based formats.
- Batch conversion option available.
- Cannot convert image-based text or scanned PDFs.
- Low ease-of-use rating.
- No PDF editing or other features.
How to Convert PDF to Word Mac Free Online
One of the online PDF to Word converter for Mac services we covered was HiPDF. This web-based utility can convert PDF to Word on Mac free online and only takes a couple of steps to execute the process. The conversion engine works with all types of PDF content, including text, images, hyperlinks, tables, graphical content, footers, headers, watermarks, endnotes, annotations, embedded media, and so on. So, when you convert any PDF to Word on Mac, Windows, or Linux, the layout, alignment, and other attributes of the original content are faithfully rendered in the output Word file.
- 1. Go to the HiPDF PDF to Word conversion page and upload your PDF using the 'Choose File' option or a drag-and-drop action. You can also click one of the cloud storage service icons to import a file directly into the web page.
- 2. Click the 'Convert' button.
- 3. Once the progress bar reaches 100%, click the 'Download' button to save your file to a local folder or a cloud service.
HiPDF is an easy-to-use PDF to DOC converter for Mac and other platforms. All you need is a device that's connected to the Internet and you're good to go. All of the other tools in the Top 10 PDF to Word Converter for Mac applications we've covered today are powerful utilities in their own right. However, your decision should be based on the totality of functions that you expect the tool to perform. In that respect, you're far better off with PDFelement or Acrobat DC because they offer the full spectrum of PDF functions.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!