InSSIDer Office 1.3 for Mac can be downloaded from our website for free. The actual developer of this software for Mac is MetaGeek, LLC. Our built-in antivirus scanned this Mac. InSSIDer is a Wi-Fi network scanner application for Microsoft Windows and OS X developed by MetaGeek, LLC. It has received awards such as a 2008 Infoworld Bossie Award for 'Best of Open Source Software in Networking', 4 but as of inSSIDer 3, it is no longer open-source. The benefits of inSSIDer 5 and why you want the Mac version inSSIDer 5 really steps up the WiFi game by moving from a typical Wi-Fi scanner to the world’s first Wi-Fi packet scanner with RF spectrum analysis! InSSIDer 5 for Mac would provide.
This Wi-Fi network discovery tool displays every wireless hotspot’s MAC address, encryption, signal strength and channel, and is the standard troubleshooting tool for millions of Wi-Fi users throughout the world.
This is a legacy version of inSSIDer, most importantly it's the last Windows build that didn't require signing up an account to use the program. You can download the latest version here which is also free.
Measure Wi-Fi Signal Strength
inSSIDer for Home helps you measure the signal strength and estimate the performance of your Wi-Fi in various locations. See how walls, stairways, and doors affect your wireless network coverage.
Pick a Better Channel for Your Wi-Fi
All Wi-Fi must share channels with other networks in the environment. Too many networks sharing or overlapping a channel can slow down the performance of all Wi-Fi networks on that channel. This Wi-Fi scanner helps you see the best channel for your Wi-Fi.
Make Sure Your Wi-Fi is Secure
inSSIDer will help you determine which security setting your Wi-Fi is using, reducing the risk of unauthorized access into your home network.
Inssider For Mac License Key
- Uses your current wireless card and connection software
- Works with Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, and 8 (32 and 64 bit)
- Track the strength of received signals in dBm over time
- Sort by MAC address, SSID, Channel, RSSI, and Time
Software similar to inSSIDer 7
- 348 votesThe most powerful WiFi Scanner for residential WiFi.
- 35 votesWifiInfoView scans the wireless networks in your area and displays extensive information about them.
- 83 votesWith over 1M downloads, Wi-Fi Inspector has become the standard for helping organizations around the globe to quickly and easily gain visibility into their networks.
Inssider For Mac Alternative
(inSSIDer 5 for Windows) / October 2, 2019; 12 months ago
|Operating system||5.0 MicrosoftWindows 7 or higher, OS XSnow Leopard or higher (via Mac App Store)2.1 MicrosoftWindows XP|
|Available in||English (US)|
|Type||WiFi network analyzer|
|License||4.x: Shareware |
inSSIDer is a Wi-Fi network scanner application for Microsoft Windows and OS X developed by MetaGeek, LLC. It has received awards such as a 2008 Infoworld Bossie Award for 'Best of Open Source Software in Networking', but as of inSSIDer 3, it is no longer open-source.
inSSIDer began as a replacement for NetStumbler, a popular Windows Wi-Fi scanner, which had not been actively developed for several years and reputedly did not work with modern 64-bit operating systems or versions of Windows higher than Windows XP. The project was inspired by Charles Putney on The Code Project.
- New in Version 5.0: channel utilization break down to show device (AP and client) airtime utilization; see connected client devices and info about client such as utilization and signal strength
- Gathers information from wireless card and software
- Helps choose the best wireless channel available
- Wi-Fi network information such as SSID, MAC, vendor, data rate, signal strength, and security
- Graphs signal strength over time
- Shows which Wi-Fi network channels overlap
- Version 5.0: MicrosoftWindows 7 or higher
- Version 3.0: MicrosoftWindows XP SP3 or higher
- Version 2.1: MicrosoftWindows XP SP2
- Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 or higher
Inssider Free Alternative
- OS XMountain Lion 10.8 or higher
- ^Major Geeks
- ^Henry, Alan (November 18, 2008). 'InSSIDer: A Wi-Fi Network Scanner for Today's Wardriver'. PCMag.com. Archived from the original on April 23, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- ^IDG’s 'InfoWorld Names the Winners of the Best of Open Source Software for 2008'Archived 2013-04-01 at the Wayback Machine (press release). IDG.com. August 4, 2008.
- inSSIDer-2 on GitHub (Apache 2.0 license)