Before you begin
- How To Find Out Password For Wifi On Mac
- How To Re Enter Wifi Password On Mac
- How To Share Password For Wifi On Mac
How To Find Out Password For Wifi On Mac
- Make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or macOS High Sierra or later.
- On both devices, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If either device has Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
- Sign into iCloud with your Apple ID. Then make sure that the email address you use for your Apple ID is saved in the other person's Contacts. And make sure you have their email address saved in your Contacts.
- Keep the other person's device nearby, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
- If you have recently connected to certain Wi-Fi Network and you can’t remember which password you did used for that connection, I will show you which steps you need to perform in your Mac OS X and see which password you need to use.
- If you want to change the Wi-Fi network name and password. Enter a new name in the wireless network field to change the Wi-Fi network name; Enter a new password and verify password fields. Click on Update to save the changes. Note: Make sure you hit on Update within 5 minutes to save the changes. Also ReaD: WiMAX – Future of Mobile Technologies.
- Check the Show password box, enter your system password, and click the Allow button. That should show you the password for the wireless network you are on, if it is stored on your computer. If no such entry appears, it means the password is not stored on your computer.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
Next, uncheck the “Hide” box, and you will see the WiFi password of the network. Then just close the tab in the browser to exit the menu without saving. So, you can see that it is not so difficult to find WiFi passwords on Mac. There are several ways to do this.
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
How To Re Enter Wifi Password On Mac
Still need help?
If you still can't share your Wi-Fi password, try these steps, testing after each step:
How To Share Password For Wifi On Mac
- If you don't see the setup animation, restart both devices and try again.
- If you still can't share your Wi-Fi password, have the other person enter the password manually.