- Still Waiting For Root Device Macbook
- Mac Still Waiting For Root Device
- Still Waiting For Root Device Macbook Pro
Do you want to fix the still waiting for root device error that is showing on your Hackintosh PC after the successful installation? Then you came to the right planet.
Here we have posted the tutorials of fixing the waiting root device error with just by follow some easy steps.
What Does “Still waiting for root device” Means?
Still waiting for root device mean is that the source of booting macOS is not detected properly. In simple term, the operating system was not able to locate a driver/kext for your Hard Disk/DVD Drive/USB.
- Still waiting for root device Still waiting for root device Still waiting for root device.forever and ever amen! That was NOT fun to type! Can anyone translate and decipher from that what might be wrong? Ibook G4 Mac OS X (10.4) airport card.
- What does “Still waiting for root device” means? It means that a driver/kext for the source from which you are booting is not detected properly by the mac operating system (USB kext not detected or loaded) Mac OS released prebuilt with the latest drivers that supports SATA out of.
- But when you turn it off and on again, it freezes in the holy 'Still waiting for root device'. My solution was, start OSX with the -v -x flags, for my surprise it recognize the SATA disk and start in safe mode. Then i went to Terminal, entered as root and typed the following.(extracted from 'AppleVIAATA.kext' Method).
When this error occur?
This is the common error that appears before installing Mac OS X or After a Successful installation of Hackintosh.
Fix Still waiting for Root Device in Hackintosh
The Mac Mini's HD will be mounted as an external HD in the non-corrupted computer. Find and save your valuable data. Afterwards, making a Clean Install is the usual and fastest way of solving this issue. “Still waiting for root device” on a macbook pro mid 2009 with osx 10.11.6.
In this post, We are going to show you 3 cases when the waiting for root device error comes and 3 methods for solving them. So let’s get started.
Still Waiting For Root Device Macbook
Case 1: Bootable USB
You May be trying to Install Mac OS X Using a Bootable USB. This occurs when Your USB Port is not recognized by Mac OS X & In some LGA 1156 motherboards they need to use some additional kexts to Make USB Work Properly.
How Can You Fix It?
- Try to boot with the kernel flag USBBusFix=Yes this usually triggers All The USB Ports & Fix all usb related issues
- LGA 1156 motherboard Users Install Zenith432’s GenericUSBXHCI.kext into the Bootable USB ( /Extra/Extensions ) Using Kext Wizard / Transmac (If you’re using windows)
- Try to Enable/Disable Legacy USB in Bios
Mac Still Waiting For Root Device
Still Waiting For Root Device Macbook Pro
Case 2: DVD
You May be trying to Install Mac OS X Using a DvD. This occurs when Your DVD Drive is not recognized by Mac OS X ( Unless if you’re using a USB DvD Drive Check The Solutions of Case 1 )
How Can You Fix It?
This is a problematic case as you can’t modify the DvD All you can try are the Bios Settings
- Try to Set SATA as AHCI on Bios
- Try to Change SATA Ports
- Connect DvD to Primary SATA/PATA Port
If these doesn’t help stop trying its unworthy to try in this case
Case 3: Hard Disk
If you are trying to boot Mac OS X using a Hard Disk and the still waiting for root device error are coming? Then try the below solution.
How Can You Fix It?
- Try to Boot with USBBusFix=Yes
- Try to Boot with ahcidisk=8 debug=8 (Works on some devices)
- Check Your Bios Settings Set AHCI as SATA
- Connect Hard disk to Primary SATA /PATA Port
- Installing These Chipset Kexts to /System/Library/Extensions Most of The Systems Including Gigabyte MotherBoard with Jmicron Chipset.
Hope your problem of Mac OS X solve. If you have any issue related to Hackintosh, let us know in comment section.