A notice to all of our users and supporters
Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid and WebM. Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image and some other codecs. New features in the Mac OS X interface for more customization. Numerous fixes in the Qt, the Mac OS and the skins interfaces. Fixes for HTTP Live Streaming, CDDB, UDP/RTP support. K-Lite Mega Codec Pack includes codecs for the most popular compressions like Divx and Xvid as well as some of the less popular but still necessary codecs. The best K-Lite Codec for Mac – Perian. Perian is one stop codec resource on Mac similar to K-Lite Codec Pack on Windows. Perian is a free, open source, QuickTime component that extends.
XviD codec for Mac OS X (5KB) XviD codec for Mac OS 8/9 (3KB) The.sit file contains a QuickTime component, which delegates the playback of XviD videos to the DivX codec installed on your system. To install the XviD delegate component on Mac OS X, put the XVIDDelegate.component file in the /Library/QuickTime folder and then reboot. Convert your AVI files on Mac OS X to play AVI on Mac. QuickTime player is the default utility pre-installed on Mac machine to play video files. QuickTime player can use numerous codecs to read videos, and it can play AVI files with Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) codec smoothly. Both of them may contain video data compressed with XviD, but there are many other image codecs available. The movie importer allows you to correctly import avi files with certain audio tracks which cannot be imported correctly with the default QuickTime avi importer. Requirements: OS X 10.4.
We began the Perian project over 6 years ago. We wanted to simplify viewing your content. Our team has attained that goal and with that in mind, Perian will be retired soon. Our stewardship has been a blast but it's time for all of us to move on.
From the beginning we kept Perian simple. Our preferences were minimal, updating was easy, and we gradually grew the product to add in extras like subtitles and different formats. We've contributed a lot. Today, Perian stands as complete as it ever will be under our stewardship.
There are some projects that we never got to. As an example, we would have liked an official, flexible, and well-documented import API to speed up MKV. We hit a brick wall there. Still, we reached a great stopping point and Perian's installed userbase proves how valuable this tool became to so many people.
Starting 90 days after the final Perian release, we will no longer provide support. We'll wrap up our loose ends, pack up our bags, and move on to new and exciting projects.
Here's what our roadmap looks like:
- We will soon release the final version of Perian, including all the fixes we've worked on since the last release. It may -- or may not -- work on 10.8.
- We will post the source code to either Google Code or Github.
Here's what we're looking for from you, our users
- Download Niceplayer , it's pretty great -- and those folks are doing a fantastic job.
- Support each other on our Google Group list . We mean this. Just because we aren't helping anymore on a regular basis, that doesn't mean that you can't.
- Are you a developer? Pick up where we left off. Join us on #perian on irc.freenode.net. Yeah, we're all pretty busy -- so stick around after asking your question. You may have to wait a bit for an answer. Chalk it up to asynchronous tech support.
- Want to donate? We appreciate the thought. It's hard times these days and your money will make a bigger impact elsewhere. Consider Child's Play , Ronald McDonald House , or the EFF . We no longer accept donations.
A final word: If and when Perian stops working, try looking into VLC or MPlayer OS X. Sure, they're not Perian, but they offer great software still under development.
Thanks for all of your support over the years. It has meant a lot to all of us.
Xvid Codec Mac Os X 10.7
Free Download Xvid Video Codec
PS We would like to thank Erica Sadun for helping us write this letter, and for general guidance.